[2023 Conference Keynotes] The team at tCRIL announced the first two keynote speakers for the 2023 Open edX Conference, taking place March 28-31 at MIT:
- Justin Reich is an author, podcast host, and educational researcher interested in the future of learning in a networked world. He is the Director of the MIT Teaching Systems Lab, which aspires to design, implement and research the future of teacher learning.
- Anant Agarwal is an MIT professor, the founder of edX, and the Chief Platform Officer at 2U. As the first educator to ever teach an edX course, he aspires to help create the world’s most comprehensive free-to-degree online learning space.
Early Bird rates are available for only a few more weeks – so go ahead and book your conference ticket!
[December Meetup] The next online Community Meetup will be held on December 8th, 2022 at 10 AM (EDT). Here's the session lineup:
- Rohit Ramanathan, Online Course Developer at Mathworks, will discuss how his team helps instructors adapt content from on-campus courses for online delivery using MATLAB®, a programming and computation platform used by millions of scientists and engineers worldwide.
- Madhup Verma, CEO of VTeamLabs, will present their recently developed FETP Platform, which provides public health and global health security services through a mentoring & learn-by-doing approach to enhance the effectiveness of the medical workforce.
- Jenna Makowski, Senior Product Manager at tCRIL, will present the Modular Learning project. The goal of this ambitious architecture project is to increase flexibility in authoring and delivering learning experiences, by making all levels of the course hierarchy independent, composable, re-usable, and deliverable as stand-alone learning products.
[TOC Elections] Following the first-ever election for Open edX's Technical Oversight Committee (TOC), 3 elected members will represent the community at the project’s governing body:
- Xavier Antoviaque, CEO of OpenCraft! 🎉 He is the Operators and Core Community Representative.
- Samuel Paccoud, CTO at France Université Numérique (FUN). He has been elected as the Instructors' Representative.
- Stefania Trabucchi, Managing Director at Abstract Learning. Stefania was elected by course instructors as the Learner's Representative.
They will join the TOC on January 1st 2023, and serve until the end of the year.
We'd like to thank all the participants in the election, especially the candidates, voters, and community members who have relayed the calls to register to vote!
[Product Survey] tCRIL has issued a short survey to learn about how people use the Open edX Platform. The survey will help them figure out:
• What features to build next
• How they can make the platform better for institutions, course authors, and their users
• How they can support users better
If your organization uses or has used the Open edX platform in the past to deliver online learning or training, please take two minutes to answer the survey.